What Type of Media to Use for Sandblasting?
We Require Different Type of Sandblasting Abrasive Media for cleaning, stripping, etching, strengthening and polishing different types of the applications. Therefore, it is mandatory to know the differences in blasting media. The blasting media selection guide below contains a list of the common blasting media. Have a look at the details:
Type of Abrasive Materials Use for Sandblasting
- Glass Beads:it is made from soda lime-type glass, containing no free silica and manufactured into preformed ball shapes. Glass Beads can make much smoother and brighter finish than other abrasives.
- Silicon Carbide:it is the hardest blasting media but it has a very fast cutting speed for blocky grain shape that splinters and the best part being it can be recycled multiple times.
- Aluminum Oxide:it is widely used as abrasive in blast finishing and surface preparation. Aluminum oxide is a sharp, long-lasting blasting abrasive that can also be recycled multiple times.
- Crushed Glass Grit:it is best preferred for aggressive surface profiling and removal of coatings. Meanwhile, Crushed glass grit is non-toxic and contains no heavy metals.
- A Plastic Abrasive:Plastic abrasive is an ideal metal for stripping coatings and paint from substrates. Apart from it, the Plastic abrasive is good for delicate metals which also composites form many applications.
- Pumice:it is a light, natural mineral and ideal for less aggressive operations where protection of the surface.
- Corn Cob:Corn Cob is the soft blasting grit and it is safe for delicate parts and best-preferred blasting media for log homes and other wood surfaces.
- Walnut Shell: it is best recommended for the applications that require aggressive stripping or cleaning without damage to the underlying substrate. Walnut shell abrasive sees the utility in applications such as cleaning hardwoods, aircraft, automotive stripping and much other application at a fast rate.
- Steel Shot: it is a popular method for cleaning, stripping and improving a metal sand results in a smooth and polished surface. Apart from it, steel shot produces improved the compressive strength of the surfaces.
- Steel Grit: it can provide a very fast stripping action for many types of surface contaminants from steel and other metals.
Meanwhile, it is also mandatory to know the best sandblasting abrasive manufacturer and supplier in India. Because, the results are totally depend on the quality of the material. As an expert, I would like to suggest you go ahead with the Quality spare center for best quality of the abrasive material.