Shot Blasting Machine - A Bane or Boon for Industries
One can easily agree that technology is more of Boon than a Bane but some time when we are not aware about the effective use of a machine it may cost more than its production. In that case it seems to become bane for industries, as it offers many different advantages and disadvantages. If we talk about the Shot blasting machines bane or boon, it depends on the machine that is being given to the user and how that machine is put in use.
Therefore it is mandatory to know about the shot blasting machines parts & hazards points during the blasting process. Only then we can improve the performance of the machine & productivity. In absence of doing so! Shot blasting machine can be converted into the Bane because it has found, the bad performance of a machine effects on the productivity. Often it goes down up to 30/40% as per the case study.Before we talk about the Bane and Boon with shot blasting machine, first of all we have to understand the basic concept of the blasting machine process. Only than we can decide about its Boon, that may become Bane in absence of its knowledge. There are six main parts in the machine which plays vital role in shot blasting process. Have a look on these six parts of the shot blasting machine:-
- Blast Wheels- There are number of wheels installed in the shot blasting machine. Efficiency & cleaning depends on the quality of the wheel. Therefore it should have quality component for effective shot blasting only then we can find out its boon.
- Cabinet- It involved in the articles that is to be treated in closed, for vibration free shot blasting process. For its effective use, one should do proper inspection of air ventilation procedure to assure best performance and production. Meanwhile it can become bane, in case we fail to do so.
- Work Handling Mechanism- It depends on the types of shot blasting machine, if we use Tumblast machine, the conveyor belt/ rubber belt should not get damage during tumbling. In table type of blasting machine parts must be positioned repeatedly on table to assure complete cleaning of the surface. Apart from it we also have to look after its maintenance otherwise we have to face its disadvantages that would be treated as its bane.
- Production rate of the machine may go down if elevator would not work properly therefore one should know its function and maintenance which is required by the machine timely.
- Air Separator- Cleaning of abrasive from the blast wheel is the main role of a separator, so it should keep working properly at the time of blasting process. Only then we can assure effective blasting, that is the kind of boon of a shot blasting machine.
- Dust Collector- Dust collector is to retrieve dust during blasting process; dust which usually laden air from the separator & cabinet ventilation. User should assure dust controller proper work during shot blasting for pollution free environment. Otherwise it would not be counted as its advantage or Boon.
Today, there are so many industries like chemical and petroleum industries, heavy engineering industries, Indian railways & those organizations that use metal, has requirement of shot blasting machine. When we talk about its advantages and disadvantages there is number of advantage with its use, that’s why? At present number of companies are using shot blasting machine. Therefore we can say blasting machine has become the backbone & Boon for every industries. Because Shot blasting has emerged the most effective & cheapest technique for surface preparation prior to operations such as galvanizing, electroplating, glass coating, welding, enameling and rubberizing etc.Let’s have look on the advantages of the shot blasting machine so that we can prove, it is now the Boon for every industries byits effective uses, that have mentioned earlier.
Here are some of the major benefits of blasting machine, it has proven that shot blasting machine is the boon for industries:
- It eliminates the usage of non-ecofriendly and harsh chemicals.
- It facilitates the formation of a permanent bond between the protective coat & surface.
- It increases longevity & durability of protective surface coats.
- Provides higher production rates, wider abrasive selection & best pattern accuracy.
- The blasting finished surface obtained is absolutely free from chemical deposits & scales.